These are the results of studies performed by 3 of the major telecommunications companies:
- An estimated 70% of business callers are put on hold.
- An estimated 60% of business callers put on hold hang-up.
- An estimated 30% of these callers don't call back!
A NATIONAL STUDY PUBLISHED BY NORTH AMERICAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATION REPORTS:
- Callers with SILENCE-ON-HOLD will abandon their calls in less than one minute, 90% hang up within 40 seconds.
- Callers with MUSIC-ON-HOLD will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than silence.
- Callers with INFORMATION-ON-HOLD will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
US WEST COMMUNICATIONS FOUND THAT "INFORMATION-ON-HOLD" RESULTS IN:
- A 40% increase in retention of callers-on-hold.
- A 15% increase in inquiries.
- A 12% increase in requests for products and services mentioned on-hold.